Small group vision events are designed to recruit possible donors.
It’s important to remember quality [time] over quantity.
It’s not about getting twenty people at every single event. Small numbered groups are always a win. Look at the events of three, four, or seven people as the chance to have a greater impact in terms of talking one on one with attendees.
They get your time and attention. Your ministry grows its capacity.
Who should be invited?
So, just who should choose the guest list for your next vision event? That’s simple. -ish.
You know your follow-up list because you’re attentive to it. You’re keeping track of touches and next step appointments, right? Hopefully you’ve answered in the affirmative, which means YOU are the best person to design and manage the guest list.
However, there are times when a hosted vision event has its advantages.
- Hosts can influence interest in, and attendance at, your event.
- Hosts can ask or suggest donations at the event. Hosts have gathered people together whom they believe may be passionate about your vision and may choose to encourage others to support as well. You are there to educate.
The presentation should always be the same:
- Share your message, essentially your development message.
- Teach people how and why you ask people to give. (You are showing them how and why they will give in the future.)
- Share one story of impact.
- Promise to follow-up in the future.
Leave room at the end of the presentation for questions. Leave time beyond this for lingering people who will stick around and ask questions. Use this time for relationship building.
Have a staff member or volunteer call small group members after your event. Invite their feedback and future questions.
Let them know you will send them a packet of information for them to consider. Your packet should include your white papers and a response device. Helping them make and act on their decision to give.
Place these people on your follow-up system sheet and keep track of your interactions with them.
Sign up today to directly connect with me, plus more helpful resources and information to help you move your ministry to the next level and grow your leadership capacity!